QUEEN OF HEARTS GAME - INFORMATION
We have a machine that sells tickets. $1 each. All Ticket Sales are done on-site -- no online or remote purchases. You buy a ticket, write your name and phone number on the back of the ticket WHILE YOU ARE ON-PREMISES and put it in the lock-box, which is emptied several times a day into our drawing barrel. TICKET SALES ARE SHUT OFF AT 6:15 pm ET ON THE DATE OF DRAWING. The drawing is Wednesday night at 6:30 and one ticket is drawn, name announced, and if the named person is present, they are asked to come up and select an envelope containing one of the remaining deck of 52 cards. If the envelope contains the Queen of Hearts, that is the winner of the whole jackpot -- which is announced and posted on our website. You do not have to be present to win -- if your ticket is drawn and you are not present, a volunteer is allowed to draw for you. We will call you. You must appear at the Legion office in person to claim your winnings and to accept the check and provide two IDs (SS and mailing address for a 1099-G), minus the tax withholdings at 24%. That's it! Come on down!
The Jackpot amount is updated weekly on our WHAT'S HAPPENING webpage.
Queen of Hearts Rules - Updated 6/26/2023
- The weekly drawing will be held at this Post every Wednesday @ 6:30 PM.
- Tickets are $1.00 each and there is no limit as to the amount purchased.
- One name will be randomly drawn each week from ticket sales.
- You do not have to be present to win.
- The name drawn from the tickets sold that week will choose one card from the current game deck.
- The Jackpot card is the Queen of Hearts.
- Weekly names drawn who do not draw the Jackpot card will receive $50.00 unless the Jackpot exceeds $19,999 then they will receive $100.00. The Jackpot amount will be capped at $150,000, at which time there will be a draw-off until the Queen of Hearts is drawn.
- The current Jackpot is determined by ticket sales less 15% of the proceeds to American Legion Post70 programs & charities.
- Tickets are eligible for 1 drawing only. None are carried over from week to week.
- Tickets are not allowed to be sold outside the Post and membership in the American Legion is not a requirement to purchase tickets. However, if a non-member of the American Legion organization draws the Jackpot, 10% will be deducted from the Jackpot.
- The Post reserves the right to change game rules with 1 week notice.